St. John’s Jesuit Academy in Toledo, OH, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Principal. The position opens on July 1, 2014.
St. John’s Jesuit develops Christian leaders. As a Catholic school in the Jesuit tradition, we inspire each student to achieve his greatest potential in a diverse, Christ-centered atmosphere distinguished by academic success and service as a man for others.
At graduation St. John’s Jesuit students are truly Men for Others. They are Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, Religious, Loving, and Committed to Doing Justice.
The Position of Principal of the Academy
The position reports to the President. The Principal of the Academy is a member of the senior leadership team and works in cooperation with the Vice President for Jesuit Identity, the Principal of the High School, the Academic Assistant Principal, and the Chief Financial Officer.
The position becomes open on July 1, 2014 when the current principal becomes the principal of a nearby Diocesan parish school.
Specific expected results include
· The daily collaboration with and supervision of a team of educational professionals;
· The daily leadership and supervision of middle school students with both kindness and firmness;
· The envisioning, creation, and implementation of educational programs designed to advance the mission of St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy;
· The monitoring of educational results in conformity with both Jesuit and state accrediting bodies;
· The daily collaboration with all members of the senior leadership team focused on enrollment and retention;
· The appropriate placement of the Academy’s interests in relation to all of the entities/initiatives of St. John’s Jesuit;
· The annual preparation and daily maintenance of operating budgets;
· The completion of additional tasks as assigned by the President.
The ideal candidate will possess
· A demonstrated track record of successfully leading a team of educators to achieve specific and measurable classroom results on a daily basis;
· A proven ability to inspire others to join him/her in celebrating the successes of students in the classroom, the arts, and athletics;
· A track record of administrative experience, preferably at the middle school level;
· A deep appreciation as a practicing Catholic for the Jesuit tradition of education, preferably from experience as both an educator and a student;
· A bias for action;
· A sense of urgency;
· An obvious eagerness to engage parents in a successful partnership to help educate their children;
· A measurable history of successfully contributing to a team effort;
· A demonstrable history of excellent interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building capability;
· A combination of educational credentials and work experience that commands the respect of both internal and external audiences.
Details of the position are available in pdf format (click here)
Please send a copy of your biographical
information including a personal assessment against each of the above
bullet points to