Assignments of the Midwest Jesuits - Fall/Winter 2018
Fr. Brian Lehane, SJ, has been appointed to ministry at St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy in Toledo, Ohio. He was previously a teacher of theology at the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy.
Fr. James McCann, SJ, has been named the director of campus ministry at the Georgetown University Law School. He was previously senior vice president at the Gregorian University Foundation.
Fr. Thomas Pipp, SJ, has been named the rector at the John Carroll University community. This is in addition to his role as director of Ignatian formation, mission, and identity at John Carroll University.
1. Fr. James Strzok, SJ, director of development for St. Peter Claver High School and St. Ignatius Preparatory School in Dodoma, Tanzania.
2. Fr. Kevin Flaherty, SJ, spiritual director and psychological counselor at the Center for Ignatian Spirituality in Lima, Peru.
3. José Camacho, SJ, first-year regent at Platano y Caco in Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico.
4. Fr. Charles Rodrigues, SJ, director of Vinayalaya Retreat House in Mumbai, India.
5. Fr. Robert Geisinger, SJ, promotor for justice for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in Rome, Italy.
May 6, 2019 - When I was in the third grade at a Catholic primary school in suburban Maryland, I happened upon a book about St. Isaac Jogues, the 17th century Jesuit missionary, getting flogged, flayed, and having his fingers chewed off on a mission to “New France.” At the time I couldn’t for the life of me understand why someone would choose to go through such an ordeal! Fast forward twenty-some years later, and I am a Jesuit brother living with Jesuits from India, Ecuador, Tanzania, and Wisconsin.