Assignments of the Midwest Jesuits - Fall/Winter 2018
Fr. Brian Lehane, SJ, has been appointed to ministry at St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy in Toledo, Ohio. He was previously a teacher of theology at the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy.
Fr. James McCann, SJ, has been named the director of campus ministry at the Georgetown University Law School. He was previously senior vice president at the Gregorian University Foundation.
Fr. Thomas Pipp, SJ, has been named the rector at the John Carroll University community. This is in addition to his role as director of Ignatian formation, mission, and identity at John Carroll University.
1. Fr. James Strzok, SJ, director of development for St. Peter Claver High School and St. Ignatius Preparatory School in Dodoma, Tanzania.
2. Fr. Kevin Flaherty, SJ, spiritual director and psychological counselor at the Center for Ignatian Spirituality in Lima, Peru.
3. José Camacho, SJ, first-year regent at Platano y Caco in Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico.
4. Fr. Charles Rodrigues, SJ, director of Vinayalaya Retreat House in Mumbai, India.
5. Fr. Robert Geisinger, SJ, promotor for justice for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in Rome, Italy.
October 21, 2019 — Let us pray in thanksgiving for the life of Fr. Edward J. Mattimoe, SJ, who died on October 20, 2019, at Colombiere Center in Clarkston, Michigan. He was 85 years old. May he rest in peace.
October 16, 2019 - Having converted to Catholicism when I was 17, I had toyed with the idea of the priesthood and religious life for some years, but my discernment had grown much more serious of late. And while my attraction to the priesthood was sincere, so was my aversion to being a parish priest. I enjoyed academics, and I wanted to teach.
October 15, 2019 — Let us pray in thanksgiving for the life of Fr. John V. White, SJ, who died on October 12, 2019, at Colombiere Center in Clarkston, Michigan. He was 90 years old. May he rest in peace.
October 11, 2019 — Let us pray in thanksgiving for the life Fr. Raymond C. Baumhart, SJ, who died on October 10, 2019, at Colombiere Center in Clarkston, Michigan. He was 95 years old. May he rest in peace.