Assignments of the Midwest Jesuits - Fall/Winter 2018
Fr. Brian Lehane, SJ, has been appointed to ministry at St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy in Toledo, Ohio. He was previously a teacher of theology at the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy.
Fr. James McCann, SJ, has been named the director of campus ministry at the Georgetown University Law School. He was previously senior vice president at the Gregorian University Foundation.
Fr. Thomas Pipp, SJ, has been named the rector at the John Carroll University community. This is in addition to his role as director of Ignatian formation, mission, and identity at John Carroll University.
1. Fr. James Strzok, SJ, director of development for St. Peter Claver High School and St. Ignatius Preparatory School in Dodoma, Tanzania.
2. Fr. Kevin Flaherty, SJ, spiritual director and psychological counselor at the Center for Ignatian Spirituality in Lima, Peru.
3. José Camacho, SJ, first-year regent at Platano y Caco in Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico.
4. Fr. Charles Rodrigues, SJ, director of Vinayalaya Retreat House in Mumbai, India.
5. Fr. Robert Geisinger, SJ, promotor for justice for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in Rome, Italy.
While at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, I embraced many of the freedoms college offers, but I failed to develop my spiritual life in any way beyond an occasional prayer to God for a date to go well or for an A on an exam. After graduating, I moved to Chicago to work for a financial firm. I was achieving my goals, yet I felt deeply unfulfilled by life.