Assignments of the Midwest Jesuits - Fall/Winter 2018
Fr. Brian Lehane, SJ, has been appointed to ministry at St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy in Toledo, Ohio. He was previously a teacher of theology at the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy.
Fr. James McCann, SJ, has been named the director of campus ministry at the Georgetown University Law School. He was previously senior vice president at the Gregorian University Foundation.
Fr. Thomas Pipp, SJ, has been named the rector at the John Carroll University community. This is in addition to his role as director of Ignatian formation, mission, and identity at John Carroll University.
1. Fr. James Strzok, SJ, director of development for St. Peter Claver High School and St. Ignatius Preparatory School in Dodoma, Tanzania.
2. Fr. Kevin Flaherty, SJ, spiritual director and psychological counselor at the Center for Ignatian Spirituality in Lima, Peru.
3. José Camacho, SJ, first-year regent at Platano y Caco in Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico.
4. Fr. Charles Rodrigues, SJ, director of Vinayalaya Retreat House in Mumbai, India.
5. Fr. Robert Geisinger, SJ, promotor for justice for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in Rome, Italy.
When Fr. John Mace, SJ, celebrated his golden jubilee while serving in the Philippines, he had none other than Fr. Adolfo Nicolás, SJ, then Superior General of the Society of Jesus, delivering the homily and declaring about the jubilarian, “50 years of journeying with the Lord—50 years of being polished into perfection!” According to the E News of the Jesuit Asia Pacific Conference, these words of Fr. Nicolás and of others that day “summed up the rich and challenging, generous and selfless life” of Fr. Mace, and offered glimpses of his “many-faceted talents as well as his capacity for deep, compassionate care and friendship.”
September 16, 2019 — Let us pray in thanksgiving for the life of Br. Robert W. Schneider, SJ, who died on September 14, 2019, at Colombiere Center in Clarkston, Michigan. He was 81 years old. May he rest in peace.
September 13, 2019 — Let us pray in thanksgiving for the life of Fr. James E. Fitzgerald, SJ, who died on September 12, 2019, at St. Camillus in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. He was 84 years old. May he rest in peace.