The Ignatian Spirituality Project (ISP) works to end homelessness by offering Ignatian retreats, days of reflection, and on-going spiritual companionship. The retreats, rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius and the 12-Step recovery program, provide men and women who are homeless and recovering from addictions a chance to reclaim the hope that transformation is possible.
ISP is a national organization with volunteer teams in 27+ cities throughout the United States and Canada and is committed to growing our network so that more women and men might receive the gift of the Ignatian Spirituality.
The Assistant Director (AD) will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations and encouraging program growth of volunteer teams in assigned cities throughout our national network. This includes regular communication with teams as they prepare for, facilitate, and debrief the retreat experience. The AD will be required to travel extensively to these assigned cities to help lead retreats, training programs, and develop strategic partnerships with affinity organizations. The AD will serve as a resource to ensure cities are maintaining program integrity as well as play a vital role in the growing national infrastructure and program development.
This position will report to the Director of Programs and Mission Effectiveness.
• Spiritual companionship of program participants
• Manage relationships with key network constituents and support volunteer teams
• Serve as an ongoing resource for teams to continue reaching program goals
• Develop and implement training programs with volunteers based on Ignatian Spirituality
• Encourage program growth by deepening strategic partnerships • Collaborate with other staff to ensure program integrity across national network
• Assist in directing program growth in cities as they join the network
• Assist in design, development and delivery of new or special program initiatives Administrative/Clerical Responsibilities
• Document program activities and communication with key constituents
• Maintain travel budget
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
• Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
• Bachelors degree or equivalent required; Masters degree in pastoral ministry or equivalent preferred
• Three years of active ministry
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and database applications Benefits and Salary
• Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, exempt position.
The position annoucement is available as a downloadable pdf (click here)
For more information or to apply
Contact Jordan Skarr at firstname.lastname@example.org